(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Baby-sitters Club

The Babysitters Club #94: Stacy McGilly, Super Sitter by Ann M. Martin
Whoa, that's one long title. Yes, I read the Babysitters club books. You can stop laughing now. Anyway, I don't like Ann M. Martin so much now, because whenever I like a book, I write a long lengthy letter to the author. I usually get a long lengthy letter back. But not from Ms. Martin! No, it has on her website "Send me a letter", and so I send her letter and get a form letter back, which really annoys me. She didn't even answer my questions, and now I'm bitter and twisted about the whole thing.
Anyway.
So, in this book, Stacy wants to surprise her boyfriend, Robert (OK, how come all those babysitters get such good boyfriends?! Even the 11 year olds have them! Not fair! Like, all the boys I know are jerks, but in babysitter world there are niced boys. Grr.), by taking him to a Broadway show. (Yeah, and in a month. I don't get it. She gets enough money for Broadway by a month of babysitting. I'm pretty sure you can't even get a cinema ticket from a month of babysitting, and she gets Broadway tickets?! God, I want to live in babysitter world.) So, anyway, she takes this job with a neurotic woman, who works her really hard, by getting her to do all this housework as well as babysit. Quit, Stacy, quit! You have enough money for the tickets! (After two weeks. Sure.) So quit! Anyway, because this is babysitter world, it has a happy ending. Fun. When the Princess Diaries isn't doing it for you, and you need a literary spa.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger molly said...

stacey was totally my favorite babysitter.


and orange is working out for me.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, the Babysitters had it all. I can't believe how much money they made and how professional they were, condsidering they were eighth graders!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home