(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wuthering Heights

Sorry! I meant to post yesterday, but Blogger gave me problems.

OK, I admit it, I forgot my username. Let this be a warning to anyone who decides to have 6 blogs, you forget your usernames. *sigh* Anyway, onto Cathy and Heathcliff...

Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte
Just like in Frankenstein there was no mad scientist, and how in Pride & Predudice Lizzy Bennet really annoyed me instead of being a fab character, in Wuthering Heights there was no Cathy prowling the moors as a ghost crying "Heeeeeeeeeeeeathcliff." I had always been led to believe this was so. That's not to say it's good, the Bronte family is very talented. This book only comes second to Jane Eyre. The story is so complex and twisting, that I won't even try to descripe it. Basically, this is a fantastic book. It's narrated by the housekeeper (I've wanted a housekeeper all my life, but seeing how much information they retain, I'm having second thoughts), and is just...great. My mom told me that she cried at the end of this book. I did not feel remotely like crying, I actually thought it was a really happy ending...even though everyone dies. God, I'm so morbid. I should stop reading vampire novels. Anyway, I'd say everyone should read this book. I know a lot of people have trouble reading classics, and I always find the first chapter a bit hard, but once you get into the swing of things, these books are great. So go read it, even though there were no ghosts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home